My Blog List

Monday, January 16, 2012

Outliers -- Interesting Read

I recently read the book Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell and I thought it was an interesting text with a very straightforward point of view. Gladwell chose to state things plainly and logically, as opposed to using fou fou flourishing diction to hide his overall point. He basically described reasoning behind why some people excel farther than others in specified areas. It was written for those people out there who have a ridiculous curiosity as to why Michael Jordan was a big hit basketball player and they are not. Well their answer is Michael Jordan was not a middle class white girl who is five foot four inches standing tall and has never touched a basketball in her life. Gladwell of course dives deeper than that and provides research examples which exemplify his writing.

His style is very matter of fact and logic based. As I said previously he does not use useless words to describe his images, he is able to provide impeccable imagery through his use of logic, examples, and fact based tone. I found this book to be interesting and well written. It was easy to understand and it was intriguing, leading me into the next chapter. He presented himself well as an author and definitely established his credibility in the subject. I would recommend this novel to those who carry curiosity and wonder like I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment